COMING SOON! Solderdoodle Plus
This Kickstarter campaign introduces new USB rechargeable hot multi tool called Solderdoodle Plus, which is an all-in-one soldering iron, 3D print finishing tool, and wood burning tool. Features include 15 Watts of adjustable power, an OLED screen that displays Power, Resistance, Battery Voltage, Output Voltage, and automatically flips the display for right or left handed operation. Safety features will include a lock out mode that disables the unit for storage and a multi-cell battery charge controller with balancer. Visit this Kickstarter link to back this new project:
You can literally go anywhere and still have a way to charge your Solderdoodle Plus if there is a laptop, USB battery, wall adapter, or even a USB solar charger nearby!
Alternatively, you can use the Solderdoodle as a corded device, which means it can charge and discharge at the same time.
Solderdoodle Plus uses a high-efficiency, high-power charge controller, uses the same battery that's used in the Tesla electric car, and uses six different replaceable tips.
Solderdoodle Plus Specs:
* Time to Fully Charge: 4 hours
* Capacity: 3350mAh/7.2V * Type: Panasonic NCR18650B Lithium-Ion
* Size: Diameter: 1.6 inches * Length: 8.1 inches
* Body Material: Nylon * Weight: 149g (5.3 oz)
* Input Cable - 3' Nylon Braided Male USB Type A to Micro Connector
* Input - Current: 450 to 1300mA | Voltage: 5 to 6 Volts
* Output - Current: 1400mA to 3000mA | Voltage: 5.0 to 8.4 Volts
* Power Output: 5 to 15 Watts
* Battery Life Under Typical Use: Over 5 years * Replaceable battery
* Provides over 2 hours of working time
* Heats up to over 700ºF (371ºC) in just 5 seconds